BUFFALO, NY – Buffalo offered up some of its best food on Saturday.
The annual Taste of Buffalo festival held its competition and the judges picked the following winners:
- The chair’s choice (chosen by Elizabeth Mamot, 2023 Taste of Buffalo Chair): Days Park Tavern – Beef Brisket at Weck
- The children’s choice (chosen by Keira Mamot, daughter of 2023 Taste Chair): India Gate – Chicken Butter Tikka Masala
- Louis J. Billittier Sr. The “Rookie of the Year” award: Avenue29 Foods
- Veteran Restaurant Award: Dirty Bird Chicken N̵[ads1]7; Waffles LLC
- Eric DuVall Memorial Best of Buffalo Winner: Sweet Melody’s Gelato – red, white and blue sundae
- Best overall item: Venus Greek Fries
- Best meat: Kith & Kin Bakeshop & Bistro – Meatloaf Sundae (a gluten-free restaurant)
- Best seafood: Brodies of WNY LLC – Boneless Seasoned Fried Haddock Fish
- Best dessert: Nick Charlap’s Ice Cream – Ice Cream Nachos
- Best sandwich: Sidelines Sports Bar and Grill – Beef on Weck
- Best red wine: Three Brothers Winery – Red Jazz
- Best white wine: A Gust of Sun Winery – Diamond
- Favorite fermentation: Merritt Estate Winery – Chardonnay
- Independent Health Foundation’s Healthy Options:
- First place: New Jewel of India – Chana Saag
- Second place: Mister Pizza Elmwood – Vegan pizza
- Third place: The Bavarian Nut Company – Buffalo Hot Nuts
- Best healthy dessert: Caddies Bakery – Pina Colada Parfait
- Gusto Critic’s Choice Award: Golden Hour Treats – Desert Glow Crepe
The judges were 55 people representing local media – including 2 On Your Side – politicians, business and community development sectors.
There is still time for people to get a taste of this year’s winners.
The festival will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Delaware Avenue and Niagara Square on Sunday.