Slot Gacor Gampang Menang Situs Slot Gacor

Wendy’s is being sued after the woman’s hospitalization after eating the burger


1 April 2023 | 03:21

A Wendy̵[ads1]7;s customer is suing the fast food chain after she was hospitalized after eating a contaminated burger.

Court documents obtained by McClatchy News allege that customer Jena Vogt has suffered long-term health problems and staggering medical bills as a result of her meal, which contained a preformed toxin.

Jena Vogt ordered a medium double cheeseburger combo from a Wendy’s restaurant in St. Rose, Louisiana on July 27.

The plaintiff says the burger was contaminated due to “poor hand washing procedures” and that the food was not properly washed, inspected or secured to be safe.

“Within (24) hours of consuming the Wendy’s double cheeseburger, Ms. Vogt felt nauseous and began experiencing gastrointestinal abnormalities,” the lawsuit states.

Vogt was subsequently diagnosed with a number of medical problems, including severe sepsis, E.coli, septic shock, cerebral hemorrhage and acute GI bleeding.

Jena Vogt claims that the contamination was due to poor hand washing.
Washington Post via Getty Images

The client spent approximately two months in hospital and was transferred to another hospital on August 28.

She was released to home care on September 28.

The complaint claims that Vogt has not only suffered physical impairment and mental illness, but that her husband Michael has also suffered.

“[He] endured changes in their marital relationship, including loss of consortium,” the complaint alleges.

The lawsuit also lists medical expenses and “past and future lost opportunities for income and loss of enjoyment of life” as damages.

The couple is seeking more than $75,000 in damages.

FOX Business has reached out to Wendy’s for a statement, but has not heard back.

Load more…

Copy the URL to share

Source link

Back to top button