If you and your data were part ofyou can now file a claim to get back lost money or spend in the breach. As part of the settlement, you can archive to recover the money you have spent to protect yourself against identity theft and on credit monitoring after Equifax data breach. And if you signed up for credit monitoring because of the hacking of the free credit report company, you could file a $ 1
by Equifax resulted in hackers gaining access to personal information on the credit report servers to 147 million consumers, including driver card information and date of birth.
This week, the Federal Trade Commission andto compensate for those whose personal data were violated by the Equifax servers. As part of the settlement, you can file a claim to be compensated for the cost of recovering from the breach – including any costs associated with theft of your identity – and compensation for unauthorized charges to your financial accounts. The deal provides payouts of $ 20,000 per person.
You can also file a claim to cover the expenses of protecting yourself from identity theft, following the Equifax data breach. However, if you are already registered for credit monitoring, you can file a $ 125 claim instead.
To begin submitting a claim, check if your information was postponed as part of the data breach. Then, if your personal information was part of the hacking, you collect documents and files showing the expenses and losses associated with the hacking to support your claim. Finally, send your claim to be compensated for your losses and other expenses. You have until January 22, 2020 to submit.
How to claim the Equifax default settlement
1. Use the official online tool you can use to check if you were part of the Equifax breach.
2. Enter the last name and last six digits of your social security number to see if your data was part of the hacking.
3. If you and your data were part of the breach, please visit the Equifax Data Breach Settlement website to submit a claim to refund money.
4. You can send the claim by e-mail or have a claim form sent to you if you do not use the site.
5. To complete your claim, select the benefits you qualify for and collect the documents you need to support your claim – including bank and credit card statements showing unauthorized charges, freezing costs, and Freeze up your account and fees paid to professionals such as accountants and lawyers who can help with theft.
How can I make a cash payment of $ 125
If you signed up for a credit monitoring service as a result of the breach, you are eligible to request a $ 125 cash payment. Use the same form to submit your requirement. And asking for $ 125 does not prohibit you from submitting a claim to be compensated for other expenses and financial losses.