If your personal information was exposed inyou can now file a claim to get back lost money or used in the breach. As part of the settlement, you can archive to recover money you have spent out of your pocket to protect yourself from identity theft and credit monitoring after the Equifax data intervention. And if you signed up for credit monitoring, you could file a $ 1
Last week, the Federal Trade Commission andto compensate them if personal information was violated by the Equifax servers. As part of the settlement, you can file a claim to be compensated for the cost of recovering from the breach – including any costs associated with theft of your identity and freezing and releasing your account – and compensation for unauthorized charges to your bank accounts. The deal provides payouts of $ 20,000 per person.
The data usageby Equifax resulted in hackers accessing personal information on the credit report servers of 147 million consumers, including driver card information and date of birth.
You can also file a claim to cover the expenses of protecting yourself from identity theft, following the Equifax data break. You can submit multiple claims, and if you are already registered for credit monitoring, you can submit a claim of $ 125 instead.
To begin submitting a claim, check if your information was exposed as part of the data breach. Then, if your personal information was part of the hacking, you collect documents and files that support your claim and show the expenses and losses associated with the hacking. Finally, send your claim to be compensated for your losses and other expenses. You have until January 22, 2020.
How to file a claim to the Equifax violation settlement
1. Use the official online tool you can use to check if you were part of the Equifax breach.
2. Enter the last name and last six digits of your social security number to see if your data was part of the hacking.
3. If you and your data were part of the breach, please visit the Equifax Data Breach Settlement website to submit a claim to refund money.
4. You can send the claim by e-mail or have a claim form sent to you if you do not use the site.
5. To complete your claim, select the benefits you qualify for and collect the documents you need to support your claim – including bank and credit card statements showing unauthorized charges, freezing costs, and Freeze up your account and fees paid to professionals such as accountants and lawyers to help with theft.
How can I apply for a cash payment of $ 125
If you signed up for a credit monitoring service as a result of the breach, you are entitled to. Use the same form to submit your claim. And asking for $ 125 does not prohibit you from submitting a claim to be compensated for other expenses and financial losses.