Two top executives from one of the world's largest gaming companies have left the company during an investigation into allegations of sexual harassment and abuse.
Last month, French company Ubisoft – whose products include Assassin's Creed – launched an investigation after allegations of sexual abuse and harassment were shared online.
CEO Yves Guillemot wrote in a message to the company's 18,000 employees late Friday that Maxime Beland, vice president of the Toronto editorial board, had resigned.
"We are continuing to investigate the allegations made against him," Guillemot added without specifying the allegations.
Tommy Francois, vice president of editorial and creative services based in Paris, was placed on disciplinary leave "pending the outcome of an investigation," Guillemot said in the statement seen by AFP.
Another unnamed Toronto studio employee has been fired for "engaging in behaviors that do not match expected by Ubisoft employees, "he said.
"Other investigations are ongoing and will be carried out carefully."
"We will not tolerate workplace behavior and will continue to take disciplinary action against anyone who engages in harassment, discrimination and other conduct that violates our Code of Conduct. "
Ubisoft is the latest player in the gaming industry that was the target of harassment allegations.
In June, current and former employees used social media recently to condemn the predatory behavior of powerful leaders.
19659 014] Copyright AFP. All rights reserved.