Couples discover a broken electrical outlet in their house is actually a secret safe




Shocked couple discover that a broken outlet in their house is actually a secret SAFE

  • Darren Steels, 45, of Hucknall, said he had been confused by the wrong plug socket
  • Was located at the bottom of the stairs and had not worked since moving into property
  • asked electrician to take a look, and that's when the shock discovery was made

A couple has revealed their shock after discovering a broken outlet in the kitchen of their home. in fact, a secret safe.

For more than two years, Darren Steels, 45, and his partner, who lives in Hucknall, were confused by the double outlet.

It was in a good location near the bottom of the stairs, but it had never worked since buying the Bolingey Way property back in July 2017 – which proved a frustration to them.

& # 39; We tried to connect things to it, & # 39; Darren explained. & # 39; It's perfectly positioned to vacuum the stairs, rather than the cord running across the kitchen floor. & # 39;

  Darren Steels, 45, who lives with his partner in Hucknall, told of the moment he discovered that an outlet in his house was in fact a secret safe.

Darren Steels, 45, who lives with his partner in Hucknall, told of the moment he discovered that an outlet in his house was actually a secret safe

  A video the couple shared with Twitter on Sunday shows the moment they discovered exactly why the outlet has been damaged so long

A video that the couple shared with Twitter on Sunday shows the moment they discovered exactly why the socket has been damaged for so long

The socket did not feel loose or anything, and when the couple had decorators to redo the kitchen right after they moved in, nothing was flagged up.

& # 39; People have just painted around it, & # 39; he added.

Eventually, they decided to ask an electrician to try to fix it and fix it.

"I was just tired of it," Darren explained. "We got an electrician to talk to other bits and bobs, and I asked him to take a look at it."

The electrician confirmed that there was no power in the connector until he tried to tackle the problem in a different way.

& # 39; He appreciated it, and it came away from the wall, & # 39; explained restaurant manager Darren. & # 39; And what was revealed was – a secret safe. & # 39;

Unfortunately, much to the disappointment of the couple, it was unfortunately not filled with cash or valuables.

"There was only dust, flu, and a dead spider in it," Darren said.

  Fed up with the socket (picture) not working, the couple asked an electrician to take a look in an attempt to fix it

Fed up with the socket (picture) not working, the couple asked an electrician to take a look at a bid to try to fix it

  shock found, many took to social media to joke that they will check the sockets later

After the shock discovery, many took to social media to joke that they will check the sockets later

After posting a video of it online on Sunday, it has collected more than 60,000 views.

& # 39; I have a shelf that doesn't work …. definitely check it later! & # 39; wrote a Twitter user.

"It's both fun and kind of James Bond," commented another, while a third wrote, "I've always wanted one of them as a kid."

A fourth joke: & # 39; Don't store anything too valuable in there now. People want to know !! Brilliant idea though. Alf and Audrey had one on Coronation Street. & # 39;

Another added: & # 39; I remember seeing them in the Argos catalogs in the 90's. Always wanted one. & # 39;

The safe should have a key that breaks into one of the holes for the plug pins, but it was unlocked – and Darren said he didn't have the key to it.

However, he told how he would keep it safe as it was for & # 39; posterity & # 39;

Advertisement



Source link