Cornwall has been snubbed in a list of the top 20 fish and chip shops in the UK.
The list released this week reveals the finalists for the coveted Fish and Chip Shop of the Year in the National Fish and Chip Awards 2020.
Despite being nationally known for his chippies, the perfect accompaniment to the sea, Cornwall has missed this time.
But to find out what we miss, Rockfish in Brixham – which hosted Prime Minister Boris Johnson just last week – has been named one of the finalists.
The next closest finalist is in Weymouth, Dorset.
The coveted award was last year awarded by none other than Exmouth's Krispies.
The finalists will now continue to compete for another two rounds of judging before the country's number one is decided.
According to the National Fish and Chip Awards website, stores are rated according to a variety of criteria, including:
- Outstanding in Sustainable Procurement of Key Ingredients
- Employee Training and Development Policy and Career Opportunities  Creating Innovative menu options for those with allergies and dietary requirements
It says: "Throughout the process there are a number of stages to overcome for these stores.
" To be named the UK's best fish and chip they will undergo mystery shopping visits, full audit of business results of the store, they will then have to give a presentation to a judging panel for the industry. "
The remaining 20 stores will next be included in the draw to find out who they will be competing against in the next judging round.
This will then create the last 10 stores that will advance to the competition final.
Org anised by Seafish, the annual National Fish & Chip Awards is a prestigious competition recognizing true excellence in the fish and chip industry.
Just last month, in an official round of the The best chip shops in each English county put together by Big 7 Travel, Cornwall's own Flounders in Newquay made the cut.
The 49 best chip shops were selected with the help of a panel of local food experts, reader reviews and online reviews for a comprehensive result.  Read more
According to Big 7 Travel, here's why Flounders made the cut: "It's a known fact that fish and chips taste better at sea.
"In a county known for fantastic chips, these are the top of the charts. Simply sublime. Dip into the mushy peas and it's the perfect combo."
Here are all 20 finalists in this year's Fish and Chip Shop
- Belmont Bay Fish Bar, Harrow, London
- Carron Fish Bar, Stonehaven, Grampian
- Dolphin Takeaway, Duncannon, Country Tyrone
- Fiddlers Elbow, Leintwardine, Herefordshire
- Fish & # 39 ; n & # 39; Fritz, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fish and Chips @ Weston Grove, Chester, Cheshire
- French & # 39; s Fish Shop, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk
- Hicks, Swansea, West Glamorgan
- Hook & Line, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- HOOKED @ 31, Fishguard, Pembrokeshire
- Low & # 39; s Traditional Fish & Chips, Aberdeen, Grampian
- Mike & # 39; s Traditional Fish & Chips, Eastleigh, Hampshire
- Rockfish, Brixham, Brixham, Devon
- Seafare Guildford, Guildford, Surrey
- Shap Chippy, Penrith, Cumbria
- The Bearded Sailor, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- The Chip Shed, Warwick, Warwickshire  The Cod & # 39; s Scallop s, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- The Frying Squad, Bangor, County Down
- Walnut Tree Traditional Fish and Chips, Milton Keynes, Hertfordshire