This story is published as part of a content partnership with the South China Morning Post. June 26, 2019.
The United States and China have agreed cautiously on another ceasefire in their trade war to resume talks to resolve the dispute Sources familiar with the situation said.
History Continued under  Details of the agreement are posted in press releases before the meeting between Chinese President Xi Jinpin g and President Donald Trump at the Group 20 leaders summit in Osaka, Japan, this weekend, said three sources – one in Beijing and two others in Washington -.
Such an agreement would prevent the next round of tariffs from a further $ 300 billion of Chinese imports, which would extend punitive tariffs to virtually all of the country's shipments to the United States. The Trump administration has threatened to pick up tasks of up to 25 percent on the remaining, non-expanded Chinese goods if this weekend's calls go bad.
A source of knowledge of the planning said that Trump's decision to postpone additional tariffs was Xi's award for holding the Osaka meeting.
"The reality, even though President Trump could always have a change in heart," said the source. "But the cake cake seems to have been baked."
Neither the White House nor the Office of the US Trade Representative had any comments on the reports.
On Wednesday, Trump pointed out that he was willing to impose additional tariffs on China if the talks in Osaka failed, but suggested that additional duties could start at 10 percent.
A senior Trump administration officer told POLITICO earlier this week that it is possible that the charges could be delayed, but warned that "nothing is safe. Absolutely nothing."
It is unclear whether Trump will set any deadline for The talks to reach a deal that he had before. Two sources suggested a deadline of six months, which would set the deadline at the turn of the year.
Since the trade war started almost a year ago, Trump has imposed 25 percent tariffs of NOK 250 billion of Chinese goods.  A Washington-based source familiar with the talks said there were "ongoing attempts to coordinate press releases", but added that there was no specificity as to whether tariff or timing decisions within that message were yet.
The person speaks for anonymity, saying that both parties are expected to release coordinated press releases after the summit, as opposed to a joint statement.
Such a strategy would match the messages that followed the last two presidents' closure after a G20 meeting in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in December 2018, which resulted in a three-month pledge to pause further tariff increases.
The bets grew even higher this round after Trump promised to submit all Chinese imports to new tariffs.
The language of some statements coming out of Saturday's parley – either through a joint statement or separate statements – is surely subject to the same level of intense inspection.
After the dinner meeting in Buenos Aires, both sides released their own statements, which, while generally consistent, rejected a number of important details and led to immediate control among analysts who want to shed light on closed door lectures.
Missing from Beijing's reading, for example, was mentioning the 90-day deadline for both parties to reach an agreement before higher US tariffs were fired. And if the White House statement stated that China had agreed to immediately start farming, there was no such commitment in the Chinese version.