CHICAGO (AP) – Hare International Airport in Chicago was the busiest airport in the United States last year, surpassing the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport for the first time in four years.
The Federal Aviation Administration released data on Monday showed that Hare had more than 903,000 arrivals and departures during 2018. Atlantas Airport was second, with more than 895,000 arrivals and departures.
Los Angeles International Airport, Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and Denver International Airport round out the top five.
Hare held the top spot in 2014.
Last year, the Hare operation increased 4.2% compared to a 1
Top 5, according to the FAA
- Hare International Airport in Chicago
- Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
- Denver International Airpor