- Tesla owners complain on Twitter that they were locked out of their cars and left stranded after their app stopped working.
- One of Tesla's sales features is that you can use the app to unlock your car, you don't have to travel with the key. However, if you do not have the key card or key fob and you are logged out of the app, you must wait.
- Some drivers twittered screenshots of the app, displaying a warning that said: "Temporary maintenance. Try again later."
- A spokesman for Tesla did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
Several Tesla owners were locked out of their cars over the past 1
The panicked drivers took to Twitter to complain and tweeted at Tesla and Elon Musk to ask what's going on:
@Tesla Your server is down for maintenance and we're locked out of the car. What is your ETA?
– Melissa Chan (@melissachanhk) September 2, 2019
– Bhaskar paladugu (@Bhaskar_Paladug) September 3, 2019
– briango (@briango) September 3, 2019
Currently locked out of a rental Model S, fob is inside the car. No app because it's a rental … the staff at National Car Rental have no idea what to do. Suggestion? Help please … have a job in AM and really want home. SOS
– Noelia (@SweetNoeliaCake) August 26, 2019
Is the mobile app @tesla down for anyone else? Unable to connect. Can't log in.
– Don Burke (@doyendon) September 2, 2019
Help! I'm stranded! I don't know wtf … My @Tesla app doesn't work suddenly. I don't have my key cards on me (stuck with a dinner party) and I can't get help or road bc for the holidays. Look online and look like others are being affected. Help @elonmusk !
– liziculous (@liziculous) September 3, 2019
Some drivers twittered screenshots of the app, displaying a warning that said: "Temporary maintenance. Please try again later. ”
– Adarsh Joseph (@thereal_adarsh) September 3, 2019
A spokesman for Tesla did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment. Several Tesla owners have since posted on Twitter that the app is now backed up for them.
One of Tesla's sales features is that you can use the app to unlock your car and you don't have to travel with the key. But if you do not have the key card or keyword and you are logged out of the app, you have to wait.
Business Insider Email and Alerts
Website highlights every day to your inbox.
Follow Business Insider Australia on Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn and Instagram.