قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Business / Tesla Model X wins classic car show in favor of children in need

Tesla Model X wins classic car show in favor of children in need



Cars

Published on August 7, 201

9 |
by Johnna Crider

7. August 2019 by Johnna Crider


Red Dragon in Alexandria, LA. Photo by Darmie Rudisill, used with permission.

Along the banks of the Red River in Alexandria, LA, sits a mighty Red Dragon, soaking up the hot Louisiana sun as she glows brightly, a future guy waving car lovers across America to experience something new, fresh and inspiring. The red dragon eventually descended south to Beaumont, Texas, to shine brightly in a car show that benefited young boys in need.

The aptly named Red Dragon is a Tesla Model X and is the pride and joy of New Orleans native Karen Rudisill, who lives in Beaumont, TX. It was the winner of the Beaumont Classic Southeast Texas Car Show.

Poster from another show in Mississippi. Photo by Karen Rudisill used with permission.

Beaumont's classic car community held the show in favor of a local charity that helps boys in need. Boy's Haven has been around since 1945 and is a non-profit organization providing housing for boys. It has a total of three dormitories, two of which are in use.

It aims to provide stability for boys who have been fetched from their families due to neglect or abuse. This includes a school routine, after school and homework time, dinner, etc. – some of what a normal family would provide for their children.

State of Texas provides 60% of funding needed to support these children, ages. 6-17. Boy's Haven also has sponsors who host collections to make up the other 40%. One of these sponsors is Classic Southeast Texas, which held the car show that the Red Dragon won this year.

It provided the manpower to set up the car show, which included removing cars from the lot and placing them somewhere until the event was over, and then returning them back to the lot. Classic Southeast Texas also gave $ 5,000 upfront.

Many may not be aware of what this is about, but for a business to remove the items in the showroom to sponsor an event that helps children in need, it is quite enormous.

Kevin Bohm, a member of the Boys Haven Board of Directors, said: "It wouldn't have been a show without Classic Southeast Texas."

According to Kevin Bohm, "Through sponsorship and donations, we are right at the $ 15,000 level. Our goal was to raise $ 10,000, so we exceeded our goal by 50%."

100% of the proceeds will go to

Kevin also mentioned that Karen's Tesla was actually chosen as the winner via voting.

Karen and Darmie Rudisill and the red dragon Photo courtesy of Karen Rudisill, used with permission.

Classic car shows usually show off Corvettes, Jaguars and other well-known cars that are older and in perfect condition, the majority of car owners are often men who have owned their cars for a very long time. She is five feet two and the red dragon is her car. Her husband often tells people with questions, "Ask her, it's her car."

Red Dragon at the Classic Southeast TX Show. Photo courtesy Karen Rudisill, used me d permission.

She tells me she loves to show her older men Tesla and loves to hear their stories about how they bought their first Ford T and other stories. She then shows them their Atari games and how to use the Model X. She also points out the difference between falcon wings and gull wings.

I asked Karen, "Do you have any tips or advice for any Tesla owners who would like to get in their car at a show? "

Karen replied:" Tesla must be experienced . Let me show you how it works. Not everyone gets to see a Tesla on show, so expect people to want to get in your car, ”

She also mentions that even though owners of their cars on most shows don't want their cars affected, Tesla should owners expect people to experience their car simply because it's a Tesla. Teslas are new and must be fully experienced. Show them how a Tesla works in relation to a petrol vehicle.

“Also know the vehicles and the history. Know the statistics. Tesla sold over 92,000 cars in the second quarter of 2019! "She says excitedly.

I agree with Karen – once you have experienced a Tesla, you will see why Tesla is such a popular car, and you will probably be excited by such statistics as well.

This is a another great example of Tesla owners out there doing great things with not just their cars, but just by being and doing well Tesla is just part of history – a huge part that inspires many people to do good things for our society and our world around us.


Tags: car exhibits, charities, classic cars, Tesla, Tesla Model X, Texas


About the author

Johnna Crider Johnna Crider is a Baton Rouge artist and Tesla shareholder who believes in Elon Musk and Tesla. Elon Musk advised her in 2018 to " Believe in Good ." Tesla is one of many good things to believe in. You can find Johnna on Twitter .




Source link