This 2 year old girl loosened her own car seat to retrieve a toy in the back of the car. But as she stretched across the back seat, she found herself in a tight situation.
Target and Walmart offer dueling incentives to keep car seats out of landfills.
In September, which is National Baby Safety Month, the two dealers hold stores in the store to recycle the old car seats.
Target & # 39; s trade-in event returns on September 3 and through September 13. Get a 20% coupon on selected baby equipment in exchange for an old car seat.
16. In September, Walmart kicks off its first car seat recycle at nearly 4,000 stores. Through Sept. 30, for used car sales, get a $ 30 gift card "that can be used in the store or online to buy things for their baby," Walmart said in a news release.
Check their kids backpacks: Contigo remembers 5.7 million water bottles for children due to "potential suffocation"
Pumpkin seasoning season: Here you can get an early taste of autumn
Melody Richards, Walmart Baby Vice President, said in a statement that safety is a top priority for the retailer's baby department.
“We wanted to use our size and scale to create an event that offered outstanding access to shop in an adult car seat for a gift card – perfect for use on the baby's next car seat, ”Richards said.
Tom Szaky, CEO and founder of TerraCycle, the company that recycles car seats at Walmart, said that through the event, "they expect to divert the plastic equivalent of about 35 million water bottles from landfills."
Since Target introduced its first car seat trade program in April 2016, half a million car seats and more than 11.9 million pounds of materials have been recycled.
Target's replacement of car seat returns. Get a 20% coupon for recycling an old car seat 3rd-13th. September. (Photo: Kelly Tyko, USA TODAY)
Target & # 39; s trade-in event
- Take your old car seat to Target & # 39; s Guest Services and put it in the drop-down box from the 3rd to the September 13.  Target stores will accept and recycle all child car seats, including child seats, convertible seats, car seat supports, harness or car seats. The materials will be recycled by waste management.
- In exchange, Target will provide a 20% off coupon for in-store and online use through September 14.
- The coupon can be used on baby equipment, including a new car seat, car seat base, travel system, stroller or selected baby home equipment, such as playgrounds, high chairs, swings, lashes and bounces.
- Learn more at Target's business website. event
- Walmart's event is from September 16 to 30 and all car seat brands will be accepted. All car seats collected are recycled through TerraCycle.
- Bring the car service counter to the customer service counter during the recycling events at participating Walmart stores. At Walmart.com, find the nearest place by searching for zip codes.
- In exchange, you get a $ 30 Walmart gift card like "you can use in the store or online to buy things for your baby."
- There is a limit of two exchanges per household and reinforcement seats are not eligible for trading.
- Learn more and find locations at www.walmart.com/ AboutBestOfBabyMonth.ebrit19659029.d.Magic battle: Disney and Target announce 25 Disney stores coming to Target stores in October, new website
Follow Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko
Read or share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/08/29/car-seat-trade-in-target- walmart-Offer-incentives-recycling-seat / 2155292001 /