قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Business / Stocks pushed ahead of Federal Reserve decision

Stocks pushed ahead of Federal Reserve decision



Stocks fell before the release of the Federal Reserve's latest political decision.

<p class = "canvas-textile textile Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "Investors also digested disappointing guidance from economic bellwether Fedex ( FDX ), which quoted "weaker global trade growth" in quarterly results reported Tuesday afternoon. Data-response time = "1

6"> Investors also digested disappointing guidance from economic bellwether FedEx (FDX), which cited "weaker global trade growth" in quarterly results reported Tuesday afternoon.

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "S & P 500 ( GS GSPC ) fell 0.25% or 6.92 Dow (19459007) DJ DJI ) fell 0.21%, or 54.55 points, while Nasdaq ( IX IXIC ) fell 0.05% or 3.48 points. "Data-response time =" 17 "> S & P 500 (GS GSPC) fell 0.25%, or 6.92 points, from 11.05 ET. Dow (^ DJI) fell 0.21%, or 54.55 points, while Nasdaq (^ IXIC) fell 0.05% or 3.48 points.

<p class = "canvas text 0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "The federal open market selection (FOMC) & nbsp; ends its two days & nbsp; of Wednesday's Wednesday, will delete its latest policy statement at 2 pm ET Markets have a lot of prizes in the outcome that the benchmark indices will remain unchanged at between 2.25% and 2.5%. CME's FedWatch tools pointed to a 98.7% probability of an unchanged target area from Wednesday morning and a 1.3% chance of betting being cut by 25 basis points. "data response time =" 18 "> Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC ) Ending its two days of meetings Wednesday, then it will publish its latest policy statement at 14.00. ET. Markets have a great deal in the outcome that the benchmark indices will remain unchanged at between 2.25% and 2.5%. The CME Group's FedWatch tool pointed to a 98.7% probability of an unchanged target area from Wednesday morning and a 1.3% chance of cutting prices by 25 basis points.

Given the perceived security of unchanged prizes after FOMC's March meeting, Market participants will be more interested in Fed's dot plot and commentary on its balance normalization process.

Fed's latest spot plot, a chart showing each of the FOMC members' near and long-term target rates, is expected to point to a median of an interest rate increase in 2019. It is down from two suggested in the December spot plot.

The central bank's balance normalization process will also be a point of interest.

Investors are looking for a timeline for the Fed to either end or slow down the roll-out of long-term Treasury and mortgage securities it has borne on its balance sheet, which has existed since the end of the financial crisis. This has been a key concern for investors who fear the shrinkage would damage market liquidity.

<p class = "canvas-textile-textile Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "Fed said Fed after his January meeting that it would be "prepared to adjust some of the details to complete balance normalization in the light of economic and economic developments. "These comments had helped & nbsp; send stocks higher & nbsp; after Fed's last meeting." data response time = "23"> The Fed said after the January meeting that it would be "prepared to adjust some of the details to complete balance normalization in the light of economic and financial developments." These comments had helped to send stocks higher after the Fed's last meeting.

Bond yields were largely lower before the release of Fed's latest policy statement. The return on the 10-year note, which is reversed to the price, fell 1.8 basis points to 2.594%, while the return on the 2-year note fell 1.1 basis points to 2.458% on Wednesday morning.

Global growth signals

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "FedEx has been like in – Focus as the Fed after the bidding company summed up weak global growth as the cause of its disappointing third-quarter revenue and other three-month annual profit reduction. Stocks dropped more than 6% around the open market. 26 "> FedEx has been as focused as the Fed after the courier company reported weak global growth as the cause of disappointing third-quarter revenues and other three-month annual performance reductions. Stocks fell more than 6% around the market.

FedEx, which reported results after the Market Term Tuesday, said it sees an all-year adjusted earnings of between $ 15.10 and $ 15.90, short of $ 16.03 estimated by consensus economists. FedEx's third-quarter adjusted earnings also missed consensus estimates by 9 cents, and the $ 17 billion quarterly revenue was below expectations at $ 17.66 billion.

"Slow international macroeconomic conditions and weaker global growth trends continue," FedEx CFO Alan Graf said on a conversation with investors Tuesday.

New York City, NY, USA – July 7, 2015: FedEx Express Truck in Midtown Manhattan. FedEx is one of the leading package delivery services offering many different delivery options.

At the same time, the Japanese government lowered its view of the economy for the first time in 3 years and owes the trade war between the United States and China for weak exports and industrial production.

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "According to Japan's Government Office March Report the Japanese Economy" Restores at a moderate pace while weakness is recently seen in export and industrial production in some sectors. "" Data React = "41"> According to Japan's Cabinet Office's March report, the Japanese economy "is recovering at a moderate pace while weakness is recently seen in exports. and industrial production in some sectors. "

The report added that "attention should be paid to the impact of situations of trade problems on the world economy, the prospects for my Chinese economy, the uncertainty about situations and policies in foreign economies and the impact of fluctuations in the financial and capital markets."

<p class = "canvas-textile text-text Mb (1.0em) Mb 0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "Elsewhere Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May sent a letter to the European Council President Donald Tusk, who requested a Brexit extension, after British lawmakers last week, voted to extend the departure beyond the original March 29 and avoid a departure without a deal. " UK Prime Minister Theresa May sent a letter to the President of the Council of Europe Donald Tusk asking for an extension of Brexit after UK legislators last week voted to extend the resignation for in the original March 29 and avoid a no-deal departure.

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "In letter, may requested extension of the Brexit process through June 30, saying she would bring back the deal to another vote in parliament, the British pound pushed against the US dollar ( GBPUSD = X ) to about $ 1.31 after the release of the text of the letter . "data-reactid =" 48 "> In the letter, May asked for an extension of the Brexit process through June 30, saying she would return the agreement to another vote in parliament. The British pound deep down against the US dollar (GBPUSD = X) to about $ 1.31 after the release of the text in the letter.

STOCKS

<p class = "canvas-textile textile Mb (1.0em) Mb (19659021) GIS ) reported better than expected net sales [sms ============================================================================================= ] adjusted earnings and third quarter gross margin and increased full-year guidance, and sent stocks higher in early trading. " GIS ) reported better than expected net sales adjusted earnings and third-quarter gross margin quarter and increased its guidance for year-round adjusted profits, and sent stocks higher in early trading.

The packaged food company achieved a net adjusted earnings of 83 cents in the quarter on net sales of $ 4.2 billion, ahead of expectations of 69 cents and $ 4.19 billion. The gross margin of 34.2% was 130 basis points ahead of expectations. General Mills said it expects accounting 2019 to adjust EPS in the area flat to up 1% from $ 3.11 it achieved in fiscal 2018, as opposed to the flat to down 3% range it gave earlier.

<p class = "canvas atom atomic text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = " Google alphabet ( GOOG ] GOOGL ) fined EUR 1.5 billion ($ 1.7 billion) by the EU Commission for Antitrust Breach in its online advertising practices. "data GOOGL ] fined 1.5 billion euros ($ 1.7 billion) Commission, which has now hit technological battles with about 8.25 billion, has been fined over three major cases since 2017, said Google stopped website publishers from placing advertisers. from competitors on the search pages.

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = " Emily McCormick is a reporter for Yahoo Finance. Follow her on Twitter: @emily_mcck "data-reactid =" 55 "> Emily McCormick is a reporter for Yahoo Finance. Follow her on Twitter: @emily_mcck

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = LinkedIn Facebook Instagram Flipboard 19659020] and reddit . "data-response time =" 56 "> Follow Yahoo Finance on Twitter Facebook Instagram Flipboard LinkedIn and reddit .

<p class = "canvas-atom lerrettekst Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = " Read more from Emily: " data-reactid = "57"> Read more from Emily:

<p class = "canvas-atom lerrettekst Mb (1.0em) Mb (0 ) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm "type =" text "content =" S & P 500, Nasdaq closes at the highest level in 5 months "data-response time =" 58 "> S & P 500, Nasdaq closes at the highest level in 5 months

<p class = "canvas-textile-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em)" text "content =" Boeing 737 Max ground pressure "US economic data: Wells Fargo " data-response time = "59"> Boeing 737 Max ground pressure US economic data: Wells Fargo

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = " Beer sales are lukewarm and the pot could be part of the problem "data-reaction =" 60 "> Beer sales are lukewarm and the pot can be part of the problem

<p class =" canvas text 0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm " type = "text" content = " The backlash risk remains silent as fear traces higher: Report " data-reactid = "61"> The backlash risk remains subdued as fear traces higher: Report


Source link