(ABC) – All eye drops and eye ointments sold at Walmart and Walgreens have been recalled because they may not be sterile, according to statements by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) this week.
Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc..
Here, recalled products are sold exclusively at Walmart, according to the FDA:
– Equate Night & Day Restore Tears Lubricant Eye Pack WM item #: 567368000 NDC #: 49035-883-59 Package Size: 3.5g and 15mL  – Equate Support Advanced Twin Pack WM item no: 567371433 NDC #: 49035-885-49 Pack Size: 2 x 15 mL  – Equate Support Advanced Lubricating Eye Drops Dose Preservative Free WM item #: 563031
– Equivalent support Advanced lubricant droplets Multi Dose Preservative Free WM item no: 567367998 NDC #: 49035-882-52 Pack Size: 7.5 m L
– Eligible Support Moisture Lubricant Eye Drops WM Item #: 553503238 NDC #: 49035-145-10 Pack Size: 10 mL
– Support Harmony Lubricant Eye Drops WM Item #: 553503238 NDC #: 49035-145- 10 Package Size: 10 mL (Support Harmony packaging was discontinued in January 2018.)
These are the recalled eye drops and ointments sold exclusively at Walgreens, according to FDA:
– Lubricant eye drops Moisturizing Walgreens article #: 801483 NDC #: 0363-0185-13 Pack size: 15 mL
– Lubricant Eye drops Moisturizing Twin Pack Walgreens item no: 801477 NDC #: 0363-0185-49 Pack size: 2 x 15 mL
– Sodium Chloride Ophthalmic Salve, 5% Hypertonicity Eye Ointment Walgreens Item number: 801482 NDC #: 0363-7500-50 Pack Size: 3.5 grams
– Sodium Chloride Ophthalmic Solution, 5% Hypertonicity Eye Drops Walgreens Item number: 801402 NDC #: 0363 -0193-13 Pack size: 15 mL
– Lubricant-eye ointment PF Soothing Walgreens item no: 801486 ND C #: 0363-0191-50 Pack size: 3.5 grams