McDonald's Happy Meals have been around for four decades, but there are some things you may not know about the governing street kitchen for kids.
Parents, children and collectors, notice.
McDonald's brings back some of the most popular Happy Meal toys to celebrate the 40th anniversary of children's meals.
As of 7 Nov. -11, a special limited edition Surprise Happy Meal will be available in more than 90 countries around the globe while supplies last.
"Since Happy Meal was introduced to the menu, it quickly became synonymous with our brand," McDonald's CEO Steve Easterbrook said in a statement. "Today, this iconic red box creates lasting memories for billions of families annually worldwide."
Fifteen toys will be available globally with two additional Disney exclusives for the United States
Chicken Sandwich War: Popeyes announces the return date for his chicken sandwich and takes a grave at Chick-fil-A
The holiday shopping season has come: Walmart already offers deals
The first McDonald's children's meals were introduced in the United States in June 1979 as the Circus Wagon Happy Meal. Many of the early games had McDonald's McDonaldland characters.
"Parents tell us how happy they remember their favorite toys," said Colin Mitchell, McDonald's senior vice president, global marketing. “So removing the Surprise Happy Meal box together creates a real moment of bonding with the kids. We hope these toys are something they will cherish and remember. "
The Toy lineup
Between November 7 and 11 while delivering last, the following toys will be in McDonald's Happy Meals:
- Cowboy McNugget (McDonald's): 1988
- Fireman McNugget (McDonald's): 1988
- Mail Carrier McNugget (McDonald's): 1988
- Hamburger Changeable (1988) McDonald & # 39; s): 1989
- Grimace (McDonald & # 39; s): 1990
- Dino Happy Meal Box Changeable (McDonald & # 39; s): 1991
- McDonald & # 39; s Hot Wheels Thunderbird (Mattel): 1993
- Hamburglar (McDonald & # 39; s): 1995
- Power Rangers (Hasbro): 1995
- Space Jam Bugs Bunny (Warner Brothers): 1996
- Patti the Platypus ( Ty Beanie Baby): 1997
- 101 Dalmatians – US Exclusive (Disney): 1997
- Tamagotchi (Bandai): 1998
- My Little Pony (Hasbro): 1998
- Furby (Hasbro): 1999  Sorcerer & # 39; s Apprentice Mickey – US Exclusive (Disney): 2002
- Hello Kitty (Sanrio): 2013
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko
Read or share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story / money / food / 2019/10/31 / mcdonalds-surprise-happy-meal-retro-toys-return-nov-7-11 / 4113190002 /