Peugeot and the rest of the PSA Group do not have many all-electric cars on the market, but they plan to change it over the next few years beginning with the disclosure of a new all-electric version of 208 hatch.
With the disclosure of the new 208 today, Peugeot also releases an all-electric version along with gasoline and diesel versions of the vehicle to be available at the time of launch this fall.
The e-208 version is equipped with a 100 kW (136 hp), 260 Nm torque, an electric motor and a 50 kWh battery pack, which Peugeot claims is good for 340 km (211 miles) based on the WLTP standard.
With regard to charging, Peugeot says it can power up to 1
The French machine states that the e-208 has the same interior and cargo space
They have not yet released awards, but the gas-powered version starts at around 16,000 euros.
Here is the full press release on the electric version:
New PEUGEOT e-208 offers a lively and stimulating driving experience with its 100% electric motor, available from the start:
- 100 KW (136 hp) electric motor that develops 260 Nm of torque (available from 0 km / h) for instant reactivity,
- silent engine, zero vibration,
- central display technology display (real-time station function).
New PEUGEOT e-208 suggests three driving modes:
- Eco : to optimize range
- : Standard : optimal comfort for everyday use
- Sport : Priority is given to performance and experience, maximum power and torque (0 to 100 km / h of 8.1).
Two brake modes are also available via the shift lever with appropriate battery regeneration on:
- Moderate, giving a feel close to what was felt when braking with an internal combustion engine,
- Augmented, for controlled deceleration using the accelerator pedal.
New PEUGEOT e-208 offers best thermal comfort on the market with:
- a cogeneration element (5 kW) powered by the HV battery,
- a heat pump and automatic temperature control ] in the passenger compartment, providing the same comfort standard as in a vehicle powered by an internal combustion engine. The distribution area is maintained due to improved efficiency compared to conventional air conditioners,
- heated seats (according to version),
- programmable thermal preconditioning, controlled from touch screen or externally by MyPeugeot® smartphone application. In addition to comfort, this feature allows the vehicle area to be optimized (the set temperature is reached more quickly during the initial phase) and allows the optimal battery operating temperature to be achieved earlier.
Inside and starting place are identical to the ICE version. the batteries, which take up a volume of 220L, are distributed under the floor plate in new PEUGEOT 208.
Hallmark of the PEUGEOT brand, new PEUGEOT e-208's driving tool has been optimized and Specific technical solutions have been used (optimal mass distribution). This makes it possible for new PEUGEOT e-208 to achieve dynamic performances on a par with the combustion engine version.
New PEUGEOT e-208 is equipped with a 50 kWh capacity battery one-link vehicle range up to 340 km, according to WLTP (Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicle Test Procedures) certification protocol and 450 km according to NEDC (New European driving cycle). Connected to the cooling system of the passenger compartment, fluid-cooled temperature control provides rapid charging, optimized range and increased service life. This battery is guaranteed for 8 years or 160,000 km for 70% of its charging capacity.
The charging styles are flexible and adapted to everyday life. Three charging modes are possible:
- using a conventional socket or for a full 16 hour charge, using a powerful Legrand® Green Up ™ socket, complete with  from a Wall Box, gives full charge of 5 hours 15 minutes for the three phase version (11 kW) or for 8 hours for monophase (7.4 kW),  using a dedicated public charging terminal : The thermal regulation of the battery allows the use of 100 kW chargers, 80% of the charge being reached in 30 minutes.
New PEUGEOT e-208 can also be externally charged if programmed via the Connected Navigation screen or using the MyPeugeot® smartphone application. This system also allows you to start or stop charging at any time and allow you to check the charging status.
To support customers in the energy transition, PEUGEOT is launching a new service offering, in parallel with new PEUGEOT e-208 marketing operations, based on three keys:
- Easy-Charge or how to facilitate access to the various charging systems for our customers :
- A number of home or office charging solutions with a wide range of equipment (PTO, Wallbox, Smart Wallbox, etc.), a diagnostic service for assessing the electrical installation and schedule for a better charge resolution and final installation,
- A Public Payment Offer via Free2Move Services, including a debit card that provides access to over 85,000 charging points in Europe: preset distance-to-speed, terminal selection and charge for charge. The linked navigation takes care of the guidance of the selected terminal.
- Easy-Move or how to secure the mobility of our customers in any case with:
- Travel Planner : a trip planning and organizational tools for long journeys via Free2Move Services; suggestion of the best routes taking into account the remaining autonomy and location of charging stations on the road. By sending the route to Connected Navigation, can find this route within the vehicle,
- Mobility Passport : extended and guaranteed mobility using a pass for a rental car at any time as a function of requirements,
- E-coaching : a tool in the MyPeugeot program that gives the opportunity to receive advice on how to optimize the driving and autonomy of new e-208.
- Serenity or how to calm our customers in their discovery process and let them enjoy their car in complete peace of mind :
- New digital travel simulators ] to promote the discovery of electric vehicles world at PEUGEOT websites,
- Special service contracts and assistance on the road side that may be part of a single finance package, to ensure security at all times,  A battery capacity certificate to
New PEUGEOT e-208 opens access to a new form of mobility which gives the freedom to drive in the city, even in cities where vehicle restrictions are in place .