(PRESS RELEASE) Perdue Foods LLC., A Bridgewater, Virginia, establishment, recalls about 31,703 pounds of ready edible chicken products that may be contaminated with bone materials, the US Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The fully cooked chicken products were produced on March 21, 2019. The following products are subject to recall:
- 11.2 oz. Plastic trays containing "PERDUE Simply Smart ORGANICS BREADED CHICKEN BREAST TENDERS – GLUTEN FREE" with a "USE OF MAY 20 2019" and UPC barcode on 072745-001437 on the label.
- 12 oz. plastic tray containing "PERDUE Simply Smart ORGANICS BROWNED CHICKEN BREAST NUGGETS ̵[ads1]1; ALL GRAIN" with "USE OF WAY 20 2019" and UPC bar code on 072745-001642 on the label.
- 12 oz. plastic tray containing "PERDUE Simply Smart ORGANICS BROWNED CHICKEN BREAST STRIPS – ALL GRAIN" with a "USE OF WAY 20 2019" and UPC bar code on 072745-002656 on the label.
- 10-lb. bulk boxes of "Chef Quik Breaded Chicken Tenders Boneless Tender Shaped Chicken Breast Patties With Rib Meat" with case number 22143 on the label.
- 10-lb. bulk boxes of "Chef Quik Chicken Breast Strips Strip Shaped Breaded Chicken Breast Patties with Rib Meat" with case number 77265 on the label.
The products are subject to recall of the bear's entry number "EST. P-369" inside the USDA inspection mark. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
The problem was discovered after FSIS and the company received consumer complaints.
Reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products have not been confirmed. Anyone who is concerned about injury or illness should contact a health care professional.
FSIS is concerned that some of these products may be in the consumer's freezers. Consumers who have purchased these products are encouraged not to consume them. These products must be disposed of or returned to the place of purchase.