Sleep on this.
On Tuesday, US News & World Report released its 2019 list of the best hotels around the world – and Hawaii's Four Seasons Resort Hualalai ranked number 1 among American hotels. US news rankings took into account each hotel's industry price, along with its star rating and guest reviews.
This is why Four Seasons Resort Hualalai came out on top, according to the report: It is not only surrounded by dramatic white sand beaches and black lava landscapes, it offers guests rooms and villas, some with private pools, world-class golf And even the chance to learn snorkeling from a marine biologist in their 1.8 million gallons, lava rock aquarium filled with more than 4,000 fish.
Hannah Cheney, senior travel news director of the US News, adds that the hotel snagged a "huge collection" of this year's industry awards ̵
Rounding off the list of the top 5 hotels in America: The Peninsula Chicago (# 2), Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club, Surfside, Fla. (No. 3), Four Seasons Resort Lanai 4) and Four Seasons Hotel Chicago (# 5). Cheney said guests quoted Four Seasons hotels for their "customer service, luxurious amenities and elegant guest rooms."
U.S. News also ranked top hotels in Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean.
Here's what topped the list:
Best hotels in Mexico:
1. Esperanza, and Auberge Resort (Cabo San Lucas)
2. One & Only Palmilla (Los Cabos)
3. Las Ventanas al Paraíso, a Rosewood Resort (Los Cabos)
4. Rosewood Mayakoba (Playa del Carmen)
5. The resort at Pedregal (Los Cabos)
Best hotels in Europe:
1. La Reserve Paris – Hotel and Spa
2. Hotel Sanders (Copenhagen)
3. Hotel Eden (Roma)
4. Hotel de Crillon, a rosewood hotel (Paris)
5. Le Sirenuse Hotel (Amalfi Coast, Italy)
Best hotels in the Caribbean:
1. Jade Mountain (St. Lucia)
2. Zemi Beach House Hotel & Spa (Anguilla)
3. Ladera Resort (St. Lucia)
4. Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbor
5. Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve (Puerto Rico)
Many of these high-rise hotels require prices of $ 1000 or more per night. But there are ways you can score a luxury hotel room for much less. First, look for rooms on luxurious travel sites such as Jetsetter.com and SecretEscapes.com, which can both get discounts of 50% or more on regular rates. Hotel Tonight offers deep discounts the same day.
Devon Nagle, communication head of the hotel reservation site Priceline, recommends dealers to consider arriving instead of established destinations mid-week instead of weekend stays and combining flight with hotel – Priceline consumers can save about $ 240 per transaction by Do this – and sign up for the hotel's email list for discounts.
Get a daily roundup of the top, read in personal finance delivered to your inbox. Subscribe to MarketWatch's free Personal Finance Daily newsletter. Register here.