On the second anniversary of the release, Microsoft has announced new milestones for teams, its chat-based collaboration solution.
"Over the past two years, teams have grown significantly both in new opportunities and in the use of customers, as a hub for teamwork that brings people together and promotes a culture of engagement and inclusion," Microsoft 365 CEO Lori Wright says. "We reveal eight new capabilities in teams that make the collaboration more inclusive, effective, and secure."
But first, milestones: Teams are now used by over 500,000 organizations, including 91 by Fortune 100. The product is now available in 44 languages in 181 markets, and Microsoft plans to roll out support for another nine languages: Hindi, Filipino, Bengali, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada and Malayalam.
Following up on the mobile teams that Microsoft presented in January, the company today highlights 8 new features coming soon:
- Custom green video chat backgrounds
- Microsoft Intelligent Support Capture technologies so that USB cameras can be used to capture content such as whiteboard images and text
- Microsoft Whiteboard support in layers so personal information can also contribute
- Live captions for tho see who is deaf or hearing aid
- Secure private channels so content can be limited to the right audience without having to create separate layers
- Information barriers to avoid conflicts of interest in an organization and limit which individuals can communicate and collaborate with each other
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) in chats and conversations so that sensitive information is automatically detected and protected
Live and on demand events in Microsoft 365 with support for up to 10,000 participants
Tagged with Microsoft Team