قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Business / Huawei will delay Mate X folding phone launch in September

Huawei will delay Mate X folding phone launch in September



Huawei Mate X

Benjamin Hall | CNBC

Huawei said the folding phone will launch in September, a little later than allegedly put on, as it did extra tests after the debacle, which Samsung went through with his competing unit.

On Friday, a spokesman for the Chinese technology giant told CNBC that the company is trying to launch Huawei Mate X globally, focusing on markets that roll out next-generation mobile networks known as 5G. Mate X, which starts at around 2,299 euros or about $ 2600, is a 5G compatible device.

Mate X was unveiled in February, but has not yet sold. Huawei had initially aimed for a launch date in mid-201

9, and in April, Chinese media reported it on June. But the spokesman confirmed that the official launch will take place in September. He said the company did extra testing with mobile operators around the world and developers to make sure their apps work when the device is fully folded.

Huawei's spokesman said the company was more "careful" after Samsung's collapsible device, Galaxy Fold, began to break when tested by reviewers in April. Samsung and some of the vendors selling Galaxy Fold have canceled pre-orders that consumers had already made.

"We don't want to launch a product to destroy our reputation," CNBC spokesman said.

The launch will give Huawei a boost after CNBC reported it was forced to scrape a scheduled launch of a new laptop because it failed to deliver the product due to being on a black blacklist. The so-called Entity List restricts US companies from selling components, software and other technology to Huawei.

Experts said the plane threatens to damage Huawei's global smartphone ambitions. On Tuesday, Shao Yang's top executive in the Huawei Department of Consumer Affairs said that it would take longer than expected for the company to realize its ambition to be the best smartphone player in the world. It is currently in second place – behind South Korea's Samsung.

Huawei's spokesman said that even with the blacklist, it is "safe" to deliver this device to consumers. He added that Mate X will run Google's Android operating system because it was launched before Huawei was placed on the Entity List.

The Chinese firm has made contingency plans, including creating its own operating system that can replace Android if it is cut off from using the software. Huawei's CEO, Richard Yu, recently told CNBC that the operating system could be rolled out in China this year, but it was "plan B" and the company prefers to use Google. This was repeated by Huawei's spokesman on Friday.

"We do not want to go to our own systems, we are still very much cooperating with Google in recent years. If we are forced to do it ourselves, we are ready. We can do in the next six to nine months , spokesman CNBC said.


Source link