Activision Blizzard Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) is the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. It is also one of the world's largest gaming companies with a market value of $ 35.76 billion.
Although the price fell significantly at the end of 2018, we will show you why Activision Blizzard is a major stock purchase and we will show you how to get it.
||$ 47.99||Buy shares|
Quick look: How to buy Blizzard Stock
- Step 1
- Step 2: Practice using a demo account.
- Step 3: Finance your account to start shopping.
- Step 4: Purchase the amount of stock you want to add to your portfolio.
History of Blizzard Company and Stock
Activision Blizzard Inc. was the product of the merger of Blizzard Entertainment and Activision in 2008, which were two major players in the interactive entertainment and gaming industry in the technology industry. Blizzard owner Vivendi Games took ownership of 52% of Activision and created Activision Blizzard Inc.
Activision's roots return to the original Atari Game Console and Blizzard Entertainment's fame claim was as a classic game franchise PC software publisher such as Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft and Call of Duty.
Blizzard was known for his massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) World of Warcraft, which helped pioneer the third generation of this increasingly popular game genre when launched in November 2004.
] Today, Activision Blizzard's network has nearly 500 million active monthly users in 196 countries, and the company employs 9,000 people worldwide.
The Activision Blizzard share has also had impressive returns over the years, trading from below [$ $ 0.40 per share in September 1994 and up to a high of $ 84.68 in September 2018 The stock has since retired and is currently trading at $ 46.68, down -41% from the high .
Future Outlook for Blizzard
Blizzard Activision's share price has dropped significantly since it was all-time high in September last year, but the Nintendo share price has won from [$ $ 38.50 per share to today's level of $ 47.46 per share in the same timeframe. Japan-based Nintendo (OTCQX: NTDOY) leads the gaming industry with a $ 44 billion capitalization and the Activision Blizzard trails with a still impressive $ 35.7 billion.
Despite the recent downturn and subsequent consolidation phase, the ATVI stock had a good run-up in the last 5 years, rising from the $ 18.71 level in mid-October 2014 up to a high at $ 84.68 in September 2018 to show a gain of over + 149%.
ATVI is starting to look like a purchase, especially if you buy ATVI shares on a fall. Time for purchase; It trades with a beta on 0.94 and a modest amount of volatility that tracks the broader S&P 500 stock market.
The ATVI share also pays a dividend, giving an annual 0.79% to $ 0.37 per quarter . The company's other financial figures also support a long position since it has a twelve-month (TTM) earnings of $ 2.28 and the stock trades at 20.47 times earnings.
This compares very favorably with the competitor Nintendo, who currently earns $ 1.44 TTM with a significantly higher price / earnings (P / E) ratio of 32.9. Nintendo's share price of $ 47.68 is currently below $ 2 more than ATVI, now trading at $ 45.86.
The NTDOY share pays a higher dividend of $ 1.48 giving 3.11% per annum and the stock seems to consolidate on top of its range. The ATVI share appears to have reached a low level of $ 39. Both stocks are highly rated by analysts, and the majority repeat buying recommendations for both medium and long term.
Other games in the gaming sector, such as Electronic Arts (NYSE: EA) and Sony (NYSE: SNE), have higher stock prices and have also reached medium high news. While these other stocks may have higher earnings per share, they trade with greater volatility than the general market, with 1.55 being bet on Sony and 1.20 for Electronic Arts. These levels also make them significantly more volatile than ATVI, with their current beta of just 0.94.
Why You May Want to Buy It
- Good Finance: With ATVI stock trading just over 20 times TTM earnings, the stock is compared favorably with its competitors. ATVI can be quite understated compared to its peers, Nintendo and Electronic Arts. While the company's annual dividend may be on the low side, as the business grows, the dividend should increase, which will make the stock a decent long-term investment in the gaming sector.
- Leader in a popular sector: The success of ATVI's Overwatch games released in 2016 contributed to the long-term long-term success of the World of Warcraft and the Call of Duty games and suggests that the company's products remain popular and reflect the modern MMORPG sector.
- Increasing interest in esports: ATVI's new esports event (electronic sports for spectators) sold the Barclay Center in New York City. This growing popularity suggests that Activision Blizzard is on the first floor in yet another profitable game bet.
- Innovative business model: Activision Blizzard has broadened its horizons to branding, advertising and cross-marketing of non-gaming products, which will make the stock even more defensive in a downturn in the market. The company has partnered with Hasbro, a top toymaker known for its LEGO sets, as well as Kellogg, to offer rewards in the game for the purchase of participating products.
- General bullish analyst consensus: Many equity analysts have recommended ATVI shares with an estimated profit at year-end of over 13%, which means that the market only expects a rather conservative target price of about $ 52 per share from today's price levels within end of 2019.
Considerations before buying
- Economic and / or stock market decline: In the event of an economic downturn, there may be fewer subscriptions to the company's games, which may affect income and income. Even in that situation, games tend to rise as people lose their jobs and resort to video games, seen during the major recession in 2008.
- Increasing competition in esports and games: As esports mature as spectator sports, other video game companies weaken their dominance. Game publishers like Sega, Electronic Arts, Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony all have an interest in the industry and compete directly with Activision Blizzard.
How to buy blizzard shares right now
You can start buying ATVI shares immediately if you already have a broker account. You must open and finance an account if you do not have a stockbroker with access to NASDAQ listed shares.
Step 1: Choose a Broker
The most important thing to consider when choosing a broker is to decide what you need . For example, do you act actively and take positions in assets other than stocks, such as goods, options and futures? You may want to find a broker that provides access to research and education resources such as videos, articles, and podcasts on the market you plan to trade. Also look for a user-friendly trading platform.
Take a look at some of our favorite brokers online:
Step # 2: Check out trading platforms through brokerage demo accounts
Most brokers online offer customers and prospects a free virtual or demo account so you can practice trading, test your strategies and analyze markets and stocks without committing any of your money. Opening more than one of these accounts with different brokers will allow you to compare the broker's platform and execution.
E * TRADE's trading platform has an intuitive, easy-to-navigate trading platform that can be used by both experienced and beginners who also offer banking services. Other brokers offering customers third-party or proprietary platforms may be more appropriate for advanced or experienced traders.
Step 3: Funding an Account
Then you fund your trading account. Some brokers allow you to open an account with no minimum deposit, but you still need to fund the account if you intend to buy ATVI shares .
Remember that different brokers have their own financing and withdrawal methods, although most do take bank transfers and debit / credit cards. Contact your chosen broker to make sure it fits your budget and preferred account funding method.
Step 4: Buy Activision Blizzard Stock
Look at the ATVI stock to find the best price before you buy. Most traders use technical analysis to measure the level of supply and demand to make their position decisions.
Also consider the stock's basic and earnings issues. ATVI's next revenue release is scheduled for August 8, 2019. Once you have decided the best price for you to buy, you can place an order for that price level.
Is Blizzard Activision Stock for You?
The Blizzard Activision share has traded in a consolidation pattern between $ 43.50 and $ 49 per share since mid-June. The company's strong economy and solid gaming offerings, as well as a growing monthly active user (MAU) base, make Blizzard Activision a good candidate for long-term and medium-term business.
Spectator sportsmen who also rely on many of the company's flagships, give the company's expansion to branding, advertising
Just started to expand your stock portfolio? Take a look at Benzinga's resources at best online beginners brokers and some of the best investment courses to broaden your understanding of how to act.