How much money a creator will make on a single YouTube video varies, but there are some factors that can help increase revenue.
Creators are eligible to make money by placing ads in their videos through the YouTube Partner Program. These ads are filtered by Google, and the creators get paid a certain amount based on factors such as a video clip, time and length and demographic viewing.
A YouTube creator told Business Insider that extending her videos to more than 10 minutes has helped her channel make more money because she can place more ads. Other YouTube influencers said that placing about four ads on a single video is a common technique used to maximize the revenue you earn from Google AdSense.
YouTube creators earn a certain amount based on their CPM rate, or cost per 1[ads1]000 video views. CPM rates vary between creators, and no creator consistently has the same CPM rate. It may change based on factors such as where the viewers of the video are and the type of advertisers who are interested in the content.
One YouTuber said that of her three successful YouTube channels, the business-focused one gets a much higher CPM.
"People who look at this content are not children or students," she said. "They are people who have already started their careers and want a career transition."
Business Insider spoke to YouTube influencers who broke down how much they earned on a video with 100,000 views, 1 million views, and 4 million views.
To read all posts, subscribe to Business Insider Prime.
- Natalie Barbu shared how much money she made on a 100,000-view video with Business Insider and broke down her tips to maximize the amount of money a YouTube creator could earn.
- Barbu is a flu of social media and YouTube creator with 227,000 subscribers who started her YouTube channel about eight years ago while going to high school.
Read the full post here: YouTube creator Natalie Barbu breaks down how much money she makes on a video with 100,000 views
- Shelby Church, a YouTuber with 1.2 million subscribers, shared with Business Insider how much she earned on a video with 1 million views.
- The church has 17 videos with over 1 million views.
Read the full post here: YouTube star Shelby Church distributes how much money a video with 1 million views makes her
- Church also shared that her recent YouTube video with 4.1 million views earned her the most she has ever made a single video in nine years creating.
- She said that this single video also helped the overall growth of her channel.
Read the full post here: YouTube star Shelby Church breaks down how much money a 4 million views video made her