The much-anticipated launch of Terra’s new blockchain took place today, as planned. The network has produced its first block, and additional services are expected to go live soon.
- Terra his team took it to Twitter today to reveal that the new chain has officially gone live and is already producing blocks.
Block 1 of the brand new Terra block chain (with the chain ID “Phoenix-1”) has been officially produced at 06:00 UTC 28 May 2022!
- The team also revealed that users are currently able to do “more things”[ads1]; with their floating LUNA, such as setting it to preferred validators, earning rewards, participating in government decisions and so on.
- It is also worth noting that this is a new blockchain and not a fork, therefore decentralized apps from the classic chain must be relaunched on the new one.
- That said, one of the most pressing questions that many are wondering is whether centralized exchanges and service providers will support airdrop.
- There are many platforms that have already announced that they will, and these include, but are not limited to: Huobi, Binance, KuCoin, Bitrue, FTX, Bitfinex, GateIO, ByBit, Nexo, and so on.
- It is worth noting that holders will receive a portion of their airdrop now, and the remainder will be earned over a certain period of time.
Binance Free $ 100 (Exclusive): Use this link to sign up and receive $ 100 free and 10% off Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to sign up and enter the POTATO50 code to receive up to $ 7,000 on your deposits.