قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Business / Heating Center opened to residents of Depew after the gas line was shut down – Buffalo News

Heating Center opened to residents of Depew after the gas line was shut down – Buffalo News



A water break on Saturday morning in Depew affected a natural gas pipeline, Depew Office of Emergency Management reported on Twitter and Facebook. As the repair work continued on Saturday night, a resident warming center was opened whose gas service was interrupted.

The breach of water was reported on Eliot Avenue, near Transit Road.

Gas is turned off or will be closed in the area between Transit and Lincoln Street and Olmstead Avenue to Walden Avenue.

"There is no estimated time for repairs to be completed. National Fuel currently distributes electric heaters to residents who affected" Depew emergency officials tweeted just before 1 pm

A national fuel spokesman reported at 1

8:00 that the company has arranged with the American Red Cross to open a warm-up at the Depew Senior Center, 85 Manitou St., for affected residents until gas service can be restored.

Cots, chairs, food and beverages will be provided, the spokesman said.

The Red Cross noted that transport to the heating center is available by calling the Depew Police Department's non-emergency number of 683-1123, ext. 0, or by calling the Depew Emergency Operations Center at 683-0972, Ext. 176.

Depew officials worked with the Erie County Water Authority and National Fuel on the situation.

Emergency officials said they would update the public as soon as possible.

Another water break was reported on the North Forest Road in Amherst between Sheridan Drive and Indian Trail Road late Saturday morning.


Source link