Time to check the medicine cabinet.
Choose over-the-counter eye drops and ointments sold at Walgreens and Walmart stores, as well as some prescription ointments sold at other retailers, are recalled that the products may not be sterile.
New York's Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc., issued voluntary recalls for Walgreens and Walmart's major branded products and a third recall for Perrigo's prescription ointments, according to recall messages posted on the Food and Drug Administration's website.
According to recall notices, there are 23 affected products under different product names and brands and 1[ads1]50 affected parties having "non-sterility potential."
The recall is called a "precautionary measure", and "Altaire has not received reports of unwanted incidents, nor has Altaire received any of the specifications, including sterility testing, for the products."
"Administration of a non-sterile Product intended to be sterile can cause serious and potentially life-threatening infections or death, "greeting the state.
What does your dog cost: Your dog may be at risk of developing heart disease based on their food, says FDA
Vegetable recall: Green Giant, Trader Joe's and Signature Farms veggies recalled on potential Listeria risk
Several eye drops and ointments have been recalled.
Walgreens Recall Products
Altaire has recalled five different products from Walgreens that were produced for the pharmacy chain, with six much affected according to the recall notice. Here are the products with their national drug code (NDC) listed and lot numbers:
- Lubricant eye drops Moisturizing: 0363-0185-13; much 19095.
- Lubricant Eye Drops Moisturizing Twin Pack: 0363-0185-49; much 19095.
- Sodium Chloride Ophthalmic Salve, 5% Hypertonicity Eye Salve: 0363-7500-50; a lot of TCI.
- Sodium Chloride Ophthalmic Solution, 5% Hypertonicity Eye Drops: 0363-0193-13; much 19105 and 19050.
- Lubricant eye ointment PF sedative: 0363-0191-50; much TDB.
Walmart recalled products
Altaire collects 74 items from Walmart, which includes 10 Equate products and one eye drop under the Support Harmony brand, which was terminated in January 2018, according to the recall notice.  Here are the product names and NDC numbers. For list of affected parties, see recall notice.
- Equate Restore Tears Lubricant Eye Drops Twin Pack: 49035-189-49.
- Equate Eye Allergy Relief Drops: 49035-887-13.
- Equate Sterile Lubricant Stye Salve: 49035-875-50.
- Equate Comfort Gel Lubricating Oil Eye Gel Twin Pack: 49035-197-49.
- Equate Restore PM Night lubricant Eye Ointment: 49035-191-50.
- Equate Night & Day Restore Tears Lubricant Eye Pack: 49035-883-59.
- Equate Support Advanced Twin Pack: 49035-885-49.
- Equate Support Advanced Smear Eye Drops Dose Preservative Free: 49035-882 -54.
- Equate Support Advanced lubricant drops Multi Dose Preservative Free: 49035-882-52.
- Equate Support Moisture Lubricant Eye Drops: 49035-145-10.
- Support Harmony Lubricant Eye Drops: 49035- 145-10.
Perrigo recalled products
Altaire recalled 59 many six non-prescription ointments and 11 many over-The counter Puralube Ophthalmic Salve, which was "produced and labeled exclusively for Perrigo Company PLC." The products were distributed by Perrigo, recall notice provided.
Here are the product names and NDC numbers. For list of affected parties, see recall notice.
- Neomycin and Polymixin B and Bacitracin Zinc Ophthalmic Ointment: 0574-4250-35.
- NEO-POLY DEX (Neomycin and Polymixin B and Dexamethasone) Ophthalmic ointment: 0574-4160-35.
- NEO-POLYCIN HC (Neomycin and Polymixin B and Bacitracin Zinc and Hydrocortisone Acetate) Ophthalmic Ointment: 0574-4144-35.
- POLYCIN (Polymixin B and Bacitracin Zinc) Ophthalmic Ointment: 0574-4021-35.
- Bacitracin Ophthalmic Ointment: 0574-4022-35.
- Sulfacetamide Ophthalmic Ointment: 0574-4190-35.
- Puralube Ophthalmic Ointment: 0574-4025-35 and 0574-4025-20.
What are you going to do?
Consumers with questions about this recall should contact Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc. by calling 1-800-258-2471 or emailing email@example.com Monday to Friday from 9 am 8.30 am at 17.00 ET.
If you have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using the products, Altaire recommends that you contact your doctor.
Follow Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko
Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/05/recall-eye-drops-ointments -sold-walmart-and-walgreens-recalled / 1661246001 /