If your personal information was exposed inyou can now file a claim to recover lost money or used in the breach. As part of the settlement, you can file to recover money you spent to protect yourself from identity theft and credit monitoring following Equifax's data breach. And if you signed up for credit monitoring, you can file a $ 1
This week, the Federal Trade Commission and Equifaxto compensate them if personal data was violated by Equifax servers. As part of the settlement, you can file a claim to be compensated for the costs of recovering from the security breach – including any costs associated with theft of your identity and freezing and release of your account – and compensation for unauthorized charges to your bank accounts. The agreement provides payments of $ 20,000 per person.
Equifax's data usageresulted in hackers accessing personal information on the credit report servers of 147 million consumers, including driver card information and date of birth.
You can also file a claim to cover the expenses to protect yourself from identity theft, following the Equifax data breach. You can file multiple claims, and if you are already registered for credit monitoring, you can
To start filing a claim, check if your information was exposed as part of the data breach. Then, if your personal information was part of the hacking, you collect documents and files that support your claim and show the expenses and losses associated with the hacking. Finally, you submit your claim to be compensated for your losses and other expenses. You have until January 22, 2020.
How to file a claim for the Equifax breach settlement
1. Use the official online tool you can use to check if you were part of the Equifax breach.
2. Enter the last name and last six digits of your social security number to see if your data was part of the hacking.
3. If you and your data were part of the breach, please visit the Equifax Data Breach Settlement website to file a claim for refund.
4. You can email the claim or have a claim form sent to you if you do not use the site.
5. To complete your claim, select which benefits you are eligible for and collect the documents you need to support your claim – including bank and credit card statements that show unauthorized costs, freezing costs and freeze up your account and fees paid to professionals such as accountants and lawyers to help with theft.
How can I apply for a $ 125 cash payment
If you signed up for a credit monitoring service as a result of the breach, you are entitled to. Use the same form to submit your claim. And asking for $ 125 doesn't prohibit you from filing a claim to be compensated for other expenses and financial losses.