Encore Boston Harbor boss Bob DeSalvio is out less than five months after the huge Everett casino opened.
Wynn Resorts, which owns the casino, said in a news release that DeSalvio is "down stairs" and will be replaced by Brian Gullbrants, a former executive at Ritz-Carlton who has been running food and drink at Encore's luxury hotel.
Wynn Resorts credited DeSalvio with overseeing a successful opening after a years-long, high-effort process – one that was often full of controversy until the June opening.
Wynn Chief Matt Maddox said in a statement, "Bob DeSalvio's ability to collaborate with community leaders and elected officials, put together a world-class team and lead them to produce and launch a top-quality project is remarkable. His unique talent for both managing a complicated building process while listening to the needs of key stakeholders was crucial to our success. "
Wynn Resort officials said it was DeSalvio's choice to pay.
DeSalvio, who previously oversaw the opening of a casino in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, has stood to get Encore open for the past five years. Encore is the most expensive private project in Massachusetts history, at $ 2.6 billion.
Wynn also announced that pending regulatory approval, the shiny golden casino will add several senior executives, including Jenny Holaday as Executive Vice President for Operations and Eric Kraus as Senior Vice President for Communications and Public Affairs.
The news statement said that Gullbrants, as food and beverage manager, has been working at Encore since before it opened. He was previously high up in Wynn resorts and oversaw both Las Vegas properties.
The sparkling resort and casino opening along the Mystic shore was imperiled for more than a year after dozens of women accused Steve Wynn of sexual misconduct. The company Wynn had founded cut ties with him and even scratched his name on what was originally to be Wynn Boston Harbor ̵
But the Gaming Commission hammered the company with a $ 35 million fine and set additional guidelines for reporting sexual abuse.
A series of lawsuits by Wynn himself and competing casino owners all had to be prepared before opening in June, which drew thousands of people to wait in a huge line. The casino brought in about $ 2 million a day for the first week and has earned around $ 50 million each of the last two months.
On Tuesday, Nevada game regulators started a push to ban Steve Wynn from ever operating in Silver State again.