Alan Diaz, AP
This Monday, Feb. 8, 2016, file photo shows the sign at a Chipotle restaurant.
SALT LAKE CITY ̵
What happened: Chipotle CEO Brian Niccol customs investors Chipotle planned to open "a few dozen more" of These locations where you can pick up your food after ordering through your mobile device, according to Business Insider.
- Chipotle called these "Chipotlanes" drive-thrus but with a digital twist.
- "Arguably, it will be the fastest way to (get) Chipotle – going through the Chipotlane, "Niccol said.
- Chipotle already had 10 locations with" Chipotlanes "in Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Massachusetts.
Where: No locations for the "Chipotlanes" have been announced.
- Niccol said the lanes help boost digital orders and overall orders. As Fortune reported, digital sales account for 12.9 percent of all sales for the company last quarter, which is a 66 percent jump from the year before.
- He said these lanes also help Chipotle experiment with different types of stores, which can be
Context: Chipotle opened its first drive-thru back in January 2018 in Pickerington, Ohio, according to USA Today.