Business

ATA offers to share package fees with authors – deadline




Today, the ATA has offered to share its packaging fees with authors. In a note to members, ATA CEO Karen Stuart said, "When a packaged show goes well, authors will now successfully share and receive part of the agency's packaging fee.

In particular, agencies will provide a percentage of their recurring profits to authors – 80% of these will be shared among a show writers who do not participate in the profits of the series, regardless of which agency they represent, the remaining 20% ​​will be invested in business initiatives and programs to promote and expand the inclusion of historically underrepresented authors. is a meaningful investment in the author's society. "" The last few days, "she wrote," has been a fast crescendo to this important moment in our negotiations. We have now presented WGA with extensive counter-proposals that solve their problems. " 1[ads1]9659003] "We've been working diligently to reach an agreement with WGA," she said, adding that "WGA's listing code is a threat to agency operations – either two agents or 2000. "

" At this critical time, "continuing", we are committed to getting an agreement across the finish line. We are strongly focused on ensuring that it is a long-term solution – one that fulfills a dual purpose to protect the interests of all writers while aligning the goals of our two organizations. "

The Complete Letter: [19659007] Related Story

Still no WGA ATA deal with a day left before the guild could order members to fire their agents

Dear ATA Members,

As You Know We have worked diligently to reach an agreement with WGA, thank you all who participated in our membership this week – we greatly appreciate your input, guidance and overwhelming support as we work through these talks as a unified front. discussed, WGA's Code of Conduct is a threat to the agency's business – either two agents or 2000.

The past few days have been a quick crescendo to this important moment in our negotiations. We have now presented WGA with extensive counter-proposals addressing their issues. [19659009] We have listened and heard meaningful feedback this week from WGA leadership, and in our own agency meetings and townhalls with writer clients over the past few months. understand and reflect on the fundamental issues, including greater transparency requirements, deeper understanding of agency operations, increased support for lower and medium-sized authors, and ultimately better alignment in agent / writer compensation. Our goal throughout the discussion to date has been to avoid a destabilizing industry fallout.

Below is a summary of our draft motions:

  • Partnering with the guild: Agents are and have always been on the side of the author and are committed to protecting authors from free rewriting and late payments. WGA has requested access to customer contracts and invoices so that they can intervene directly with studios / employers to correct situations on behalf of authors. Although WGA already has the authority to collect the information from its Guild members and studios, it is also necessary to send to the Guild, the collection has been problematic. Agencies have agreed to provide the Guild with copies of author's executed contracts and financial information for writing services within the Guild's jurisdiction – with the author's ability to choose not to share their confidential information.
  • Sharing Success: When a packaged show does well, writers will now successfully share and receive part of the agency's packaging fee. In particular, agencies will give a percentage of their surplus profits to authors – 80% of them will be shared among a shows writers who do not participate in the profits of the series, regardless of which agency represents them. The remaining 20% ​​will be invested in business initiatives and programs to promote and expand the inclusion of historically underrepresented writers. This is a meaningful investment in the author community.
  • Jumpstarting Inclusion: Agencies will also shift $ 2 million a year for three years ($ 6 million in total) to launch an industry wide fund to promote and encourage inclusion, making a significant investment in today's creative community.
  • Openness in film financing. Agencies will be allowed to conduct movie consulting, finance and sales services, and will fully disclose the fees and events for the author.
  • Transparency in Affiliates. Agencies have committed themselves to providing security and openness to clients working with agency companies. Furthermore, agencies will share anonymous data and summaries (such as aggregated financial terms, form contracts, actions) on agreements made on behalf of affiliate affiliate production entities. The parties meet quarterly to evaluate how affiliate manufacturing companies benefit from authors. If the WGA at any time after the first two (2) years of the first contract term states that the affiliate manufacturing companies do not benefit from Writers, the WGA may give 90 days notice to reopen this Agreement for this limited issue.
  • Commission. Maintain all agents' current rights with respect to commissions. At this critical time, we are committed to getting an agreement across the finish line. We are strongly focused on ensuring that it is a long-term solution – one that meets a dual purpose to protect the interests of all writers while at the same time aligning the goals of our two organizations.

    I will continue to keep you updated and thank you for your support. Best regards

    Karen Stuart Executive Director



Source link

Back to top button