US dealers are expected to travel to China to resume trade deal talks, told a person familiar with CNN's plans. The negotiations will be the first faces to face since President Donald Trump met Xi Jinping, his Chinese counterpart, at the G20 summit last month.
Here are some of the other major features of the Asian markets at 10:30 am in Hong Kong today.
- Wall Street's winnings gave a positive lead. Dow ( and ) S&P 500 ( closed both 0.7% higher, while ) Nasdaq ( received 0.6%. )
- Investors rejoiced over the prospect of reduced trade tensions and withdrew the news of an unprecedented confrontation on Tuesday between warplanes from four countries over a disputed island off the coast of South Korea and Japan.
- Nissan ( shares rose 0.9% in Tokyo and outperformed the Japanese market, after reports that it will cut 1 )
- Star Market, China's new tech board in Nasdaq style, had a positive opening on its third trading day. Of the 25 listed shares, step 19 was in early trading.
- The British pound fell slightly against the US dollar and retired after a meeting after Boris Johnson won a party leadership election and put him on the track to be confirmed as Prime Minister Wednesday.