A carnival cruise frightened passengers Sunday evening after tipping on one side, CBS News reported.
What happened: A carnival cruise ship tilted to one side, and sent passengers' possessions slide through the cabin. Panic ignites among passengers, also CBS New York reports.
- The ship only lent hours after it left Port Canaveral, Florida, for the Caribbean.
- Cruise line said a "technical problem" caused the rocky to begin the journey.
- The ship began to tip around at 8:1[ads1]5 am to 8:45 pm, the passengers said.
Passengers: For those who arrived on the ship, the journey was anything but fun.
- "I shifted and fell out of my chair," said passenger Kyla Williams. "This was very much the ship rolling to one side and everything fell down from it and that was something you will never forget."
- "I did not think about it since it's not uncommon for ships to rock back and forth, but it did not return." It continued to lean, "said passenger David Crews, according to CBS Orlando." Plates and silverware began to slide off the tables. Then the tables began to slide themselves. Glasses and plates began to fall and crush. At this point, it was pure chaos. Scream. Cries. Panic. "
- " We were actually at the table where the window broke and the water came in, "said a passenger WFTV. She added," The next thing we know, the whole boat tipped … we were literally hanging on for our lives, dangling … it was really like a scene from Titanic. "
Other Tweeted Their Reactions .