The owner of Sears and Kmart has added an additional 96 stores to the closing list, including six in the wider D.C. area.
The owner of Sears and Kmart has added an additional 96 stores to the list of these closures, including six in the wider DC area.
The latest closures will trim the number of Sears and Kmart stores remaining until 182.
Here are the Sears stores on the closing list in the Washington region:
– 8200 Sudley Rd. Manassas, Virginia
– 100 Spotsylvania Mall, Fredericksburg, Virginia
– 1850 Apple Blossom Dr. Winchester, Virginia
Here are the Kmart stores on the closing list in the Washington region:
– 1003 W Patrick St. (Frederick County Square) Frederick, Maryland
– 1713 Massey Blvd. Hagerstown, Maryland
– 6411 Riggs Rd. Hyattsville, Maryland
The store chains are now owned by Transform Holdco LLC, which bought the former Sears Holdings out of bankruptcy.
Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to participate in conversation about this article and others.
© 2019 WTOP. All rights reserved. This site is not intended for users located in the European Economic Area.