BUFFALO, NY (WIVB) — On Saturday, the 2023 Taste of Buffalo award winners were announced at the 40th annual festival.
The judgment took place on Saturday morning by a panel of over 55 judges, representing the local media, political, business and community development sectors.
You can see all the winners below.
- The chair’s choice: Days Park Tavern – Beef brisket on the way
- The children’s choice: India Gate – Chicken butter tikka masala
- Louis J. Billittier Sr. “Rookie of the Year” award: Avenue29 Foods
- Veteran Restaurant Award: Dirty Bird Chicken N’ Waffles LLC
- Eric DuVall Memorial Best of Buffalo Winner: Sweet Melody’s Gelato – Red, White and Blue Sundae
- Best Overall Item: Venus Greek Fries
- Best meat item: Kith & Kin Bakeshop & Bistro – Meat Loaf Sundae
- Best seafood: Brodies of WNY LLC – Boneless Spicy Fried Haddock
- Best dessert: Nick Charlap’s Ice Cream – Ice cream nachos
- Best sandwich: Sidelines Sports Bar and Grill – Beef on Weck
- Best red wine: Three Brothers Winery – Red Jazz
- Best white wine: A Gust of Sun Winery – Diamond
- Favorite fermentation: Merritt Estate Winery – Chadonnay
- Independent Health Foundation’s Healthy Options:
- First place: New Jewel of India – Chana saag
- Runner Up: Mister Pizza Elmwood – Vegan Pizza
- Third Place: The Bavarian Nut Company – Buffalo Hot Nuts
- Best healthy dessert: Chrusciki Bakery – Pina colada parfait
- Gusto Critic’s Choice Award: Golden Hour Treats – Crepe with glow in the desert
The festival is set to continue on Sunday from 11am to 7pm in downtown Buffalo. You can find our entire guide and see the full special offer from Saturday from the festival by clicking here.
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.